Every year, the department carries out about 500 operations on the heart and main vessels, of which at least 400 operations in the conditions of artificial circulation (hospital mortality 3%), such as replacement of valves, plastic valve interventions, cardiac oncosurgery, reconstructive interventions on the ascending aorta.
Areas of work of the department:
- protection of the myocardium;
- brain protection in patients with neurological deficits;
- protection of organs in the initial polyorganic insufficiency (hepatic, renal, pulmonary) and ways of prevention;
- complex reconstruction of mitral defects (preservation of the valve apparatus in the prosthetic of the valve in conjunction with the plasticity of the left atrium);
- complex complex reconstruction of two or more heart valves;
reconstruction of the aortic mouth with a narrow valve ring in the prophylaxis of the aortic valve;
- reconstruction of the sinobular joint at posttenotic extensions of the ascending aorta when replacing the aortic valve;
- replacement of valves in patients with a sharply reduced myocardial contractility.